Member Price: $39.00
Your Price $46.53
Why order this Triangular 1 oz Silver 2021 $1 Australia Shipwreck Series - Zeewijk?
The Zeewijk departed the Netherlands for Batavia in 1726. The ship carried ten chests with a total of more than 315,000 guilders and a crew of 208 men. 28 of them died before the ship reached the Cape of Good Hope. In 1727, the ship met its demise on a reef of the coast of Western Australia. 11 survivors left in a longboat to seek help in Batavia never to be seen again. The other survivors salvaged what was left of the original ship and built the Sloepie, the first ship ever built in Australia by Europeans 82 men finally reached Batavia four weeks after leaving Australia.
- This coin was struck from 1 oz of .999 fine silver.
- This coin is $1 Australian legal tender.
- This piece is a product of the Royal Australian Mint.
- The Zeewijk is the fourth and final issue in the Australian Shipwrecks collection.
- The Zeewijk wrecked off the coast of Australia in 1727.
- This coin is part of a mintage of 20,000 pieces.
- This coin will arrive in GEM Brilliant Uncirculated condition.
Striking Zeewijk Design
Obverse: On the obverse are a mix of scenes from the history of the Zeewijk. The coin's face value, "ONE DOLLAR," is inscribed at the bottom. At the top is a portrait of Queen Elizabeth II, which is joined by inscriptions of her name, "ELIZABETH II," "AUSTRALIA," and "2021."
Reverse: The reverse bears an image of the Zeewijk at full sail on the high seas. When flipped, the ship is seen as it ended up, capsized. Inscriptions on this face read, "ZEEWIJK," "1 OZ .999 AG," and "1727."
Don't miss your chance to own this Triangular 2021 $1 Australia 1 oz Silver Shipwreck Series - Zeewijk.
|Year of Issue:||2021|
|Mint:||Royal Australian Mint|
|Display Weight:||1 oz|
|Weight in Grams:||31.1035 g|
|Weight in Ounces:||1 oz|
|Obverse Design:||Queen Elizabeth II Portrait|