2019 Australia $1 1-oz Silver Dragon Rectangular Proof NGC PF70UC First Releases w/Opera House Label
Member Price: $117.00
Your Price $159.00
Second Year of Perth Mint’s Silver Dragon Bars
Holding a preeminent place in Chinese culture, the dragon looms large over such things as terrain, life, and energy. Some believe that he brings the waters of rain, the warmth of sunshine, water, and earth. Some even say that the mountains, valleys, rivers, buildings, and highways correlate to the creature’s head, claws, tail, veins. For centuries, even the Chinese emperors referred to themselves as “dragons.”
Now, the Perth Mint has introduced the second release in its first ever rectangular coin series with the 2019 Australia One-Ounce Silver Dragon Rectangular proof. Struck in a full ounce of highly pure 99.99% silver, the new coin features a traditional Eastern dragon on the reverse chasing the flaming Pearl of Wisdom. The Perth Mint’s famous “P” mintmark can be seen beside the dragon while floating in the background are puffs of clouds. The coin’s weight, fineness, denomination and 2019 year date are shown on the obverse along with an effigy of Queen Elizabeth II.
Your 2019 Australia Silver Dragon Rectangular Proof has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in perfect Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded proof will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended. In addition, NGC has certified your proof to be a First Releases (FR) coin, a designation that means it was received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository within the first 30 days of its release. It will come sonically sealed in an acrylic holder with an exclusive Sydney Opera House label.
The edition limit for this proof release has been set at 3,888 – an auspicious number since the number “8” is considered to be lucky in Chinese culture. What’s more, Chinese-themed coins are among the most popular targets of countless collectors around the world. From ancient symbols to lunar animals, the coins make for convenient and affordable collections and bring with them ancient lore and tradition. It is fitting, then, that the Perth Mint decided to make the Chinese dragon the theme of its first ever rectangular coin series. Order your 2019 One-Ounce Silver Dragon Rectangular Proof today and share in the celebration of Chinese culture!
- THE LATEST RELEASE IN AUSTRALIA’S DRAGON BAR SERIES – This 2019 Australian Silver Dragon Bar is the second release in the Perth Mint’s first-ever rectangular bullion & Proof coin series.
- HONORING A KEY CREATURE FROM CHINESE CULTURE – The dragon is an extremely important figure in Chinese culture, not only appearing in multiple forms of symbolism but also appearing frequently in ceremonies and celebrations.
- FOUR NINE FINE SILVER – Each Dragon Bar was struck from one ounce of 99.99% fine silver at the Perth Mint, the favorite mint of countless collectors worldwide. The mint’s “P” mint mark, which has become a symbol of quality, is on the right side of the reverse.
- AUSTRALIA LEGAL TENDER – Every 2019 Australia Silver Dragon Bar is $1 legal tender in Australia, as noted at the bottom of the obverse under Jody Clark’s portrait of Queen Elizabeth II.
- GRADED IN PERFECT PROOF CONDITION – Your 2019 Australia Silver Dragon Rectangular Proof has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in perfect Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition.
- KEY FIRST RELEASES CERTIFICATION – NGC has certified your proof to be a First Releases (FR) coin. It will come sonically sealed in an acrylic holder with an exclusive Sydney Opera House label.
- LOW LIMITED EDITION – The edition limit for this proof release has been set at 3,888 – an auspicious number since the number “8” is considered to be lucky in Chinese culture.
From coins and costumes to gifts and art, the dragon’s importance in Chinese culture is visible in countless forms. Now it’s visible on this 2019 Australia One-Ounce Silver Dragon Rectangular Proof. Click one to your cart today!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Mint Name||Perth Mint|
|Coin Weight||31.107 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|